so... today i made peanutbutter balls.
and they are so yummilicious! hehee. but a tad too sweet though, if you happen to not be a sweet tooth. as for me, i like them just fine. and they are very easy to make too!! i came across this recipe from a wonderful blog on the internet. the blog is filled with so many sweet treats, which are very simple to make, and look so yummeyh!! you should go check it out sometime! :)
but as you can see, the ones i made are a bit messy... hahaha typically me i guess. anyhoo, i think the chocolate drizzle makes the plate look somehow decadent? haha. the kind of thing some chocolate bars do on their serving plates, or in tall glasses. makes me wonder everytime, how tedious it's gonna be for them to do the dishes afterwards.
the peanutbutter balls are really easy to make. just mix peanutbutter with softened butter, dump a whole lot of icing sugar into the mixture, and continue to mix it until it turns into a dough. then, make little balls, and line them onto parchment paper. keep in the fridge for a couple of hours (at least one hour) to make them firm. then melt chocolate in microwave, dip the little peanutbutter balls in the chocolate(or you can just leave them as is), and put them back into the fridge. then take them out again, and drizzle chocolate all over them.
after drizzling the chocolate, keep them in the fridge for a bit, for the chocolate to be firm. or... you can just pop some into your mouth. haha. no biggie.
you can make them in whatever size that you'd like. i, as usual, made them bite-sized. heheee. me loves bite-sized foods. cute, and not too stuffy.
Peanutbutter Balls (recipe adapted from sweet anna's)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon imitation vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 200g dark chocolate (cadbury baking chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, butter & vanilla until smooth. add powdered sugar and stir until too stiff to stir with a fork.
- Dig in with your (clean!) hands and stir & knead until a smooth stiff dough forms. Roll into small balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once you are done rolling all the dough, place the sheet in the fridge to chill and set for a few hours, until very firm.
- In a small, deep bowl... microwave chocolate and oil together in 30 second intervals - stirring well between each time - until smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each ball into the chocolate, tap off the excess and set it back on the parchment; repeat. Again, once the pan is finished, place it back in the fridge to set completely for a few hours.
- If you have excess chocolate, reheat it in the microwave for a few seconds and then scrape it into a ziploc bag. Cut off a tiny bit of the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the partially cooled chocolate balls.
thanks to sweet anna for her wonderful wonderful recipe!! just the kind of recipe that i love; easy, simple, small amount of ingredients... and yummy results! hehehee. you should try this too you know. especially if you are a sucker for peanutbutter and chocolate!
oh, and by the way. i used peanutbutter with crunchy bits. hehehe. better! :)
baker at heart,