today, i experimented with white chocolates... i just happened to have some left in the fridge, and i thought of making chocolate flowers with them. the exact term would be chocolate tempering... though i knew more than well that not all chocolate types are suitable for tempering, i just didn't bother to care. haha. and of course, no chocolate flowers were made today, and the rest of the destroyed white chocolates went to drain.
lucky i managed to save a few tablespoons of them!
i turned them into these crunchy little treats. teehee.
i thought of making these cookies while playing with the melted white chocolates. they smelt sooo niceee and warmm, i thought it would be great to turn those into cookies.
hence these experimental cookies!! Alhamdulillah, they turned out really good - not too sweet, crunchy, with the white chocolate scent. heeee :')
crunchy white chocolate cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 50 g butter
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbsp white chocolate (melted)
- 1-2 tbsp imitation vanilla
- mix melted butter with sugar in a bowl. add egg in, beat well until batter is thick.
- add all the other ingredients in, and mix well until batter turns into a sticky dough.
- preheat oven to 180 C for about 10 minutes.
- with two spoons/forks, spoon little lumps of dough onto lined/greased baking tray. make sure they are spaced to allow the cookies to expand.
- bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the edges.
i thought of the recipe myself this time, since i was in my experiment mood. hehehe. it's extremely simple isn't it?? heee. i lovee simple recipes!
p/s: perfect for exam stress reliever. bake some, and stow some away in your favourite cookie jars or containers. heeehehe :P
baker at heart,